Personal information is any information about you where your identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information.
Collection of Personal Information
The amount of personal information we collect about you depends on how you interact with us. We will collect personal information from you if you:
- apply to become a registered user of our website by creating a Relax For Life account;
- order goods from our website;
- make a product or service enquiry;
- subscribe to one of our mailing lists;
- complete a product registration form or warranty card (as applicable);
- correspond with us, including by email;
- complete an application or enter into an agreement;
- call our Customer Service line; or
- enter a promotion or competition.
The type of personal information you may provide to us includes your name, address, email address, telephone, mobile phone number, business name, credit card particulars, bank details and ABN or ACN number.
You can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing other personal information.
We collect personal information from you for a number of reasons, including to:
- sell and deliver our products and services to you;
- improve our service;
- send you direct marketing material by email or post;
- respond to your questions or requests for information;
- manage warranty claims and provide after sales service;
- assist us forecast the future demand for our products and services;
- analyse our website usage;
- enhance the content of our website;
- keep a record of our dealings with each other; and
- comply with legal obligations.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with these services.
If you choose to use our website to share content with another person, we will use the recipient’s email address to provide that service, but will not use that email address for any other purpose.
To customise your user experience on our website we will provide you with the opportunity to connect, access and/or interact with third-party social networking services, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest. By connecting through these third-party social networking services, you are authorising Relax For Life to access and use certain information from your social network profile.
Rate and review
If you provide a review or rating for a product using the Relax For Life website, we reserve the right to publish your review or rating on our website, together with your first name and suburb.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Relax For Life recognises the trust you place in us when you give us your personal information and so will not ever sell your information to anyone, nor will we ever give your personal information to third parties unless:
- you have given us your consent to do so;
- it is necessary for us to do so to fulfil the primary purpose(s) for which we collected your personal information;
- you would reasonably expect us to disclose it for a related purpose; or
- we are required to do so by law.
If required to do so in any of the above situations, the third parties we will typically share your personal information with include companies in our own corporate group, your authorised representatives and service providers which we use to conduct our business, functions and activities. These organisations may be involved or conduct:
- mailing, shipping or courier operations;
- information technology services;
- financing services including interest free finance companies;
- legal, auditing, accountancy or other professional services;
- credit reporting services;
- promotions and competitions;
- repair, installation or maintenance services;
- insurance services;
- market research;
- billing and debt collecting functions;
- website usage analysis
If we ever disclose personal information in countries outside Australia, we will only do so in compliance with all applicable Australian data protection and privacy laws and if we reasonably believe that the information will remain subject to principles for fair handling of the information which are substantially similar to the applicable Australian privacy laws
Website data and cookies
When you visit our website, we collect your server address, domain name and information regarding the pages which you visit and links that you click on. This information is used for statistical and website development purposes only.
We will only collect sensitive information from you relating to race, ethnic origin, membership of political bodies, religion or trade unions, sexual preferences or activities, criminal record, state of health and medical history with your consent and only use it for the purposes for which it is provided. We do not typically collect such information.
The security of your personal information is of great importance to us, and we take reasonable steps to:
- keep your personal information secure in a combination of secure computer storage, hard copy files and other access-controlled records; and
- ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, interference, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
You can help us keep your information secure by keeping any user names, passwords or profiles used on our website confidential. The information collocation process utilised by Relax For life uses HTTPS and is secured by 128bit SSL encryption.
We will endeavour to destroy or de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was provided, unless a legal exception applies.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information which we collect, use or disclose is relevant, accurate, complete and up-to-date. We appreciate you assisting us by letting us know if your personal information has changed.
You have a right of access to most personal information we hold about you and the right to correct or update your personal information. This right is subject to certain exceptions allowed by law. To request access, please contact our privacy officer, whose contact details are set out below. We will need to verify your identity before meeting your request, which we may require in writing, and we will process it in a reasonable time.
Queries and complaints
The Privacy Officer
Relax For Life
Unit 16/53 Lorraine Street
Peakhurst, NSW, 2210
P: (02) 83070878
If we become aware of any ongoing concerns or problems, we will take these issues seriously and work to address these concerns with you. If, however, you are not satisfied with our response, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992.